Canada’s Top 20
Anoop Virk is an award-winning humanitarian, entrepreneur, and TEDxVancouver executive producer who has been successfully creating and executing businesses and philanthropic initiatives for the last decade, advocating for education, girls, and representing Canada.
Anoop was born in Vancouver, and was one of Canada’s Top 20 Under 20, a Three Dot Dash Global Teen Leader, and BC’s 24 Under 24. She was invited to Rideau Hall by the Prime Minister and Governor General for the celebration of exceptional Canadian service and was selected to give a gift to the Royal highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate. Through her philanthropic projects, Anoop has connected with some of the most influential movers and shakers around the world – Ndaba Mandela, Chelsea Clinton, President Jimmy Carter, Bono, Susan Rockefeller, and Nile Rodgers.
As the first female Executive Producer and Creative Director for TEDxVancouver, Anoop has worked with some of the worlds most acclaimed leaders such as Canada’s first and only female Prime Minister, Kim Campbell.
As a co-owner with Food Network Canada’s Bal Arneson, Anoop continues to manage and operate their culinary businesses. They have been at the forefront of innovative health and wellness, stopping food waste, and revolutionizing the food scene with their partnership with the 30 Billion Dollar Foodservice company Compass Group, bringing their concepts to airport lounges, schools, hospitals such as the Mayo Clinic, and patient care menus.
As a student in the SFU-Douglas Dual Degree program, she completed her Intercultural and International Studies Degree at Douglas College with the President’s Entrance Scholarship, and completed her International Studies Degree at Simon Fraser University as a Dean’s Honor Roll Student.
Anoop has extensive experience and education in development, policy, comparative world politics, culture, and society. Her interdisciplinary education working alongside her projects in the most vulnerable communities internationally has provided in depth knowledge and tools to understand the complexities in development.
- The Globe and Mail
- Maclean’s Magazine
- Darpan Magazine
- GoVancouver, Shaw TV
- The Rush, Shaw TV
- Douglas College (Poster Student)
- Simon Fraser University
Founder, Project L.O.V.E (Letting Our Voices Empower) that focuses on education, gender equality, and giving girls equal access to opportunities. Built a primary community school in Zambia.
Co-Founder, Project H.E.L.LO, helped over 450 homeless residents of the DTES of Vancouver reconnect with their lost friends and family members across the country.
Founder, Project Women Warriors, featuring strong and resilient women in Vancouver
- Pinterest HQ, PinTalk, San Francisco
- Three Dot Dosh, Peace Summit, New York
- BC Minerva Women’s Foundation
- Status of Women and Human Rights Committee for the University of Women’s Club
- The Times of India Film Awards
- The Rotary Club
MEDIA PROGRAMMING / CONTRIBUTOR
- Creator “Spice Goddess” Title, Food Network
- Creator “Spice of Life”, US Cooking Channel
- Social Media Host, The Rush, Shaw TV
- Reporter, Go Vancouver, Shaw TV
- Appetizer Contributor, National Post Inc.
- Youth Columnist, Darpan Magazine
- Executive Producer, TEDxVancouver
- Public Relations: Red Carpet Event with Oprah Winfrey & Steven Spielberg (For Chef Bal Arneson)
- Public Relations: (Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia) for Asia Media Tour for Chef Bal Arneson
- Public Relations: Sharjah Book Authority for the UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah (For Chef Bal Arneson)